Monday, May 6, 2013

"Ninja Warrior" Revisited


 In horror, I rounded the corner at the bottom of the staircase, looking at my television and playrooms.  The entire floor was covered with a mix of kid chairs, pillows, water noodles, and toy swords laid horizontally across objects to serve as barriers.  I’d only just been upstairs loading the dishwasher.  How had the room gotten so bad so fast?  Then again, with five kids, my family has a destructive force rivaling a tornado.  

I watched in mild shock and great amazement as the kids ran one after the other counterclockwise around the room jumping over some barriers and crawling under others. 
             
“What are you doing?” I asked, really quite unsure.
            
 “It’s ‘Ninja Warrior’ stage 2,” my youngest son cried as he jumped a make-shift hurdle. 
             
My kids don’t just watch television, they reenact it.

No comments:

Post a Comment