Monday, May 13, 2013

The Call of the Beach

I admit it--I took Mother's Day off from blogging, but I was certain I'd post something early this afternoon.  At least I was certain until I realized it was going to be a sunny 80 F outside, and I live a mere 2 miles from the beach.

Now, don't get too excited.  I don't live by an ocean beach.  I'm by a lake beach, and if you go to a lake beach expecting white sand and clear blue water, you're setting yourself up for a terrible disappointment.  If, however you go wanting to make the best of your locale, soak up some rays, dig your feet into small pebbles, and don't care what color the water is as long as it's surrounded by beautiful green trees and large birds flying overhead, then you're in business

An hour away from the crazy hub bub of life can be absolutely wonderful, and at this time of year, on a Monday afternoon, the beach really isn't a popular place, so it's like I'm on a private one, which is pretty cool.  Well private with my crew of kids that is.

I suppose I should mention that the birds flying overhead were turkey vultures and geese.  Sure, up close they aren't the most magnificent of creatures, but soaring overhead, wings outstretched, they're still pretty impressive.

So, maybe you don't live in your favorite area for relaxation, but take time to make the best of where you are, and enjoy the gorgeous days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment