Sunday, May 5, 2013

Show Me A Rock & I'll Crawl Under It

Recently, I decided to take another look at my Amazon.com author page to see if there was anything I wanted to change about it.  I went to Amazon's website and typed my first and last name into the search engine. That's when I began to cringe. The first thought through my head was oh *!&%!!
Why, oh why didn't I write under my maiden name?  What brought about these thoughts?  Well, it's simple.  My book was the third thing to show up on the screen in this particular search, right above me was a book about XXX explicit, erotic sex stores.  Please, where can I find a rock to crawl under?

You see, I write two kinds of books, the first is children's stories with a message, things like, "Beware of strangers" and "You can learn a lot by reading."  The second kind of books I write are young adult novels of the fantasy genre.  I write stories to entertain, but I also write books that are pretty clean and moral. 

When I say pretty clean I mean that there is no sex in them.  In fact, in fact the main message from one of my novels is that if a guy really loves a girl, he'll want to do the right thing and marry her, not try to get her to sleep with him ahead of time.  I know, in today's culture this is a radical idea, but it's what I believe. 

Second, there is almost no foul language in my books.  I say almost because I did use one, only one, of the most mild of the curse words, once in "Destined Love is Immortal."  Why?  Well, the war god was mad, and I couldn't think of anything else that would come out of his mouth that was reasonably believable, and it's the "D" word which you hear far to often on the radio anyway.

Anyway, for me to find that someone with the same name as me is publishing, through Amazon, adult erotic sex stories, was, to say the least, disturbing, but I suppose that's life.  I'm hoping that people will use the hyperlinks to my author page and see which books I wrote and not confuse me with the other person.  I guess that's all I can do because I've got the name I've got.  As they say in France, "C'est la vie."

So, if you are looking to read romance, action, fantasy books, and want something moral, check out my stuff.  I had a great time writing it and if you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it, I'll have accomplished my objective.

No comments:

Post a Comment